Sandra June Deffenbaugh
June 23, 1935 – October 9, 2023
(But this (-) is much more than a dash between two dates)
“Aunt” Sandra was born and flourished in her home town of Mt. Savage, MD, a town in which she was everyone’s Aunt. She loved everyone she met, everyone she babysat for, and everyone she enjoyed a cup of coffee with along the way. Sandy was a champion rummy card player, the most wonderful caregiver of cats (both hers and strays), and historically speaking, the largest “donator” to the town’s bingo games.
Here are some details even Sandy’s closest friends may not know:
* Her peanut butter fudge was the most coveted prize at family reunion auctions
* She was the 9th grade May Day Princess at Mount Savage High School
* She was very proud of her participation in the Mount Savage Fire Department Lady’s Auxiliary and also the United Methodist Church of Mount Savage
* Her all-time favorite snack was York Peppermint Patties
* She played in one of the first women’s softball leagues of Allegany County and enjoyed the company of her teammates.
* Her favorite color was PINK
* And every day, especially Saturday, she tended to and embellished her lovely white hair
* For after all …. she ‘was’ over 21.
Sandra’s pride in belonging to a great community did not come from her volunteering to many of the town’s causes but rather from the gift of the friendships, honor, and the love of the folks in Mount Savage which they bestowed upon her. And we, her family, thank you.
In lieu of flowers ... please send a donation to the Mt. Savage Fire Company. Thank you